Monday, September 09, 2013

back to the grind!

Baby Girl started her last year of pre-school today.   Unlike last year when I almost cried when dropping her off,  this year was just another day.   My Little Guy was hell bent on destroying her classroom so I really just wanted to get out of there and go food shopping.   She was fine,  gave me a big hug, and off I went.




So much more attitude in the 2013 pictures!

Things are not progressing too well on the half marathon training front.   Yesterday I was supposed to do 10 miles and I did 9.75 miles.... not too bad, but I was hoping to be a little stronger with the mileage by now.   I really don't think there's any way I can finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes at this point.   But I will finish and get my lobster roll and beer!!  On a side note,  my heart rate monitor chest strap is digging into my sides and rubbing the skin raw.  I tried to tape up my sides so it wouldn't irritate the skin,  but that didn't work.   I'm going to be bummed if I can't wear it next weekend when I do my 11 mile run,  I LOVE seeing my calorie count go up and up and up...  I burned 1400 calories this week!  That's double what I eat in a day!   Of course eating those calories back in the form of fried mozzarella and subs doesn't really lend itself to healthy eating and losing weight,  but damn did it taste good.   Food always tastes better after a run! 

I go back and forth on coughing up the money on Shakeology...  what say you healthy people?  Waste of money or no?


No comments: