Tuesday, April 30, 2013

sleep

At 10+ months,  my darling baby boy is still not sleeping through the night.   It's been a SUPER FUN 10 months,  let me tell you.   We may be starting to turn a corner though, he now sleeps from 7pm till about 3am and we let him CIO at 3  (yup, that's right we let him cry it out.  Please please please tell me how I'm abandoning my child, setting him up for attachment disorders and possibly brain damage.  please).  He then sleeps till around 5:30 when he's up for the day.    This actually is a significant improvement over the awake and crying every 90 minutes phase that we went through for 79 years months on end. 

I don't want to complain.... but....  5:30am wakeups are NOT COOL.  Do you know who gets up at 5:30am?  Serial killers,  that's who.

Okay, I may have made up that last stat, but it would not shock me if sociopaths became the way they are because they were forced to get up at 5:30 or earlier.  It's inhumane.   And while I appreciate sleeping uninterrupted from 11ish when I go to bed till 3am,  I'm honestly not sure it's worth the 5:30 wake up.  And that boy is ready to party at 5:30.   He is my least favorite son at that time.   He's also my least favorite son right now as he plays with toys at my feet.  I can smell his poopy pants from here...

ew.



No comments: