Wednesday, January 02, 2013

I am woe.

I have a lot of whines today. 

1.   my Little Guy had his 6 month well visit today (18 pounds and 13.5 ounces!) and got three shots.  The poor kid - he slept most of the day and the few hours he was awake were miserable for him.  I felt so bad for him and there was nothing I could do!  I know he needs the shots (IMMUNIZE YOUR KIDS, YOU HIPPIE FREAK!) but damn, they aren't easy on those little bodies.

2.  The Boston Public Library doesn't have 11/22/63 in ebook format.  What?  Dear BPL,  this is 2013 not actually 1963.   Get the freaking ebook.  I may use my gift cards to purchase it... but my mother has the paperback version and I'm not sure I have it in me to pay for a book that I can get for free.  I still have to finish Mayflower and then I swore up and down I would finally finish A Song of Ice and Fire before I move onto anything else.   So BPL,  you have a few weeks to get with the program.  And the century. 

3.  I have a cough.  So does my son.  Neither one of us can take medicine for it - him because he is only 6 months old for it, and me because I am still nursing him.  WOE IS US.

4.  It's so cold.  I had to wear a peacoat, scarf, and gloves today.  WHILE I WALKED FROM MY TOASTY HOUSE TO MY CAR WITH HEATED SEATS.   Oh Em Gee, my life is so hard.  And cold.

5.  I went to the dentist today and I had plaque on two of my teeth.   And a cavity and now I have to go back in 2 weeks for a filling.  I don't know why I have such awful teeth.  My parents took me to the dentist regularly when I was a kid,  I go regularly as an adult.  I brush twice a day, minimum.  I use mouthwash every time I brush.   Is this because I don't floss?  Does anyone actually floss?  I hate cavities!

And I can't even drown my whines with wine.

No, I am not pregnant.  I just don't have any wine in the house.

No comments: