Sunday, September 16, 2012

falling

Today was a very New England fall day.   Bright blue sky with big fluffy clouds,  temperatures in the mid 70's, FINALLY the humidity has gone, the Patriots won,  the GODDAM PATRIOTS LOST TO THE CARDINALS....

Ahem.

Sorry,  I'm still mad about that. 

Anyway,  today was gorgeous.   We took the kiddos apple picking.  My Little Man was quite bored with the whole thing, but my Baby Girl had a blast. 

She loved when her Daddy would lift her all the up to the tops of the trees!  I'm glad she had fun, but I am less happy about spending $22 on a ridiculous amount of apples that will never be eaten!  I made applesauce with some of them, but Andrew and I have differing opinions on what homemade applesauce should be like.  I swear, he'd be happy if I strained it through a fine mesh strainer.  Me, I like entire apple chunks to be in it.  What is the point of home made applesauce that tastes like Motts?  I will buy him the 6 pack of Motts if that's what he wants!   But I think I achieved a compromise consistency that we can both tolerate - no strainers, but nary a chunk of apple to be found.

Marriage = compromising about homemade applesauce.





My loves


No comments: