Monday, September 24, 2012

my life

I was out to dinner last night with a lot of people I didn't know and the usual "what do you do" conversations came up.   I just said that I stay at home with the kids right now,  but I will hopefully be finding something part time when the baby is a little older.  I wanted to yell "I'M SMART TOO,  I HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE!  I CONTRIBUTE TO THE WORLD AROUND ME!  I DO THINGS.   I WAS GOOD AT MY JOB!!"  I was conflicted.   (but at least I have that master's degree,  there were 6 people at my table and every single one had at least one masters!)

Then this morning I got insanely excited to use my new mop to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors.   I'm talking positively giddy over a new mop and that Pine-Sol fresh smell. 

I can't decide if my inner self is a 1950's June Cleaver-ish housewife or a 1980's Melanie Griffith Working Girl. 

Or maybe Duchess Kate.  I think that's actually more my speed.  



No comments: