Sunday, February 19, 2012

almost here...

It's coming,  I can feel it.   I can tell by the fact that it's 5:15 and it's still light out.  Spring is just around the corner!   It's dusk,  which is not daylight but neither is it darkness.   We've gotten through the worst and darkest part of the winter.   And yes,  this winter has been so mild that I almost feel I am tempting fate by looking forward to warmer weather,  but even a mild winter is still winter.   It's still cold, dark, boring, and long.  In a few short weeks daylight savings will come and it will be light out until 6:30.   Andrew will start training for the road race (I'll be back in 2013!) soon,  we'll  be taking Baby Girl back to the park (she doesn't even need the little kid section of the parks anymore!  tear!) and I can go back to getting my vitamin D naturally.   I'm really excited,  as though that isn't evident. 

In other news,  I'm halfway through this pregnancy.   In 20ish more weeks the Little Guy will be here!  I wouldn't mind if it was closer to 18... or 17....  I can take him coming early.   The sooner those hellish magical infant weeks start, the sooner they will end and I can get my sanity back.   I am not looking forward to those first 6ish weeks.   I wasn't sure I was going to make it through them last time, and I signed up to do it again?  I'll be packing my 881SF of hell muttering to myself "this to shall pass" for hours on end in the middle of the night.   But it will pass.  Without fail, infancy leads to babyhood.  Though then babyhood leads to toddlers, which lead to preschoolers and preschoolers are a different breed of human...

Speaking of preschoolers,  Baby Girl moves up to the preschool room in a few weeks!  Where does the time go? 




1 comment:

Bree said...

no way, dude. infancy is magical. they sleep and poop and sleep some more. you can load them into a car seat, and they can't get out of it. they're in the same place you left them. its when they start walking and talking that you're in trouble.