Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Nook!

One of the reasons I changed my opinion on E-readers is the Lendme option on the Nook (which I believe is now available on the Kindle, or will be shortly. Don't quite me though, once I decided on the Nook I stopped keeping up with Kindle updates) and the ability to borrow from the library. I've said it a million times before, but I would go broke if I had to buy all my books, so it was pretty important I still had a way to borrow them.

My local public library doesn't have a ton of eBooks for borrowing right now, but the number of books is slowly increasing. I have heard it's worth paying money to join a larger library just to get more content, so I need to look into that. When I was in high school, anyone in MA could belong to the Boston Public Library, so that might be an option. I was in high school a long time ago, so clearly more research will be needed.

A week or so ago I went through my library's catalog of eBooks and placed a bunch of them on hold and one of them was available for check out today. Getting the right software installed on my computer was a daunting task and there is no way I could have done it without Andrew's help. But now I have a nice new book waiting for me on the Nook! The one drawback - it will disappear in 14 days. Good news: no late fees! bad news: I may not be done with it!

My mother gave me a Barnes & Noble gift certificate for my birthday and I already bought a book. I was still trying to plug through The Secret Garden (I'm a sucker for all those older free books that are available!) so I never started it.

Now I need to start 3 Willows: The New Sisterhood Series, Book 1. When I'm done with that, it's on to Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin. I have no idea what 3 Willows is about - I'm not even sure why I placed it on hold. It looks like a young adult book, but that's never stopped me from reading a series before!

No comments: