Monday, June 13, 2011

Let's go B's!

It's do or die night, Broonz. Let's see some hustle!

Well my "weekend" away (ahem... 24 hours) has come and gone. The hotel was everything I wanted it to be. King sized bed, lots of pillows, a TV you could watch from the aforementioned bed, free mini shampoo bottles, NO TODDLERS... basically heaven. The Duck tour was good - it's something I have wanted to do for many many years and I'm glad I did it. I learned nothing about the city I didn't already know, but it was fun. The weather wasn't great, but we only had to deal with pouring rain when we were walking home from the restaurant. We had a super lazy Sunday morning... we watched TV from bed which is something we never get to do, as we only have 1 TV. We didn't bother getting up and no little footsteps could be heard running into our room to get us. To be honest, I didn't want to leave and go collect my child. And to be even more honest, my kid was none too thrilled to see me. She wanted Nana and Grandpa and more of getting everything she wanted.

All in all, everyone had a super weekend. And it cost us less than $50, thanks to some generous donations to the "weekend away" fund and Marriott rewards points!

And in other news, I ran 3.7 miles today. That's half the mileage I need for Falmouth and the longest run to date. I'm still a little afraid that I won't officially finish since you need to do it in 2 hours and I did 3.7 miles in 50 minutes (I know, it's really slow. It's my slowest time yet - I added more hills in today and I was not doing well on the hills). But in the very wise of Dory, just keep swimming... I'll get there.

No comments: