Sunday, June 05, 2011

5 workdays

I turned 30 last week, Andrew turns 30 in a few months, and our 5th anniversary is two weeks from today. Most people that I know would be going on some sort of tropical or European vacation to celebrate any one of those things. Andrew and I are spending a night in Boston - for free (love Marriott points!!) - going on a Duck Tour and going out to dinner at a semi nice but not SUPER nice restaurant. Baby Girl is spending the weekend with Nana and Grandpa. I am so excited!!!

I love hotels. (I also love airports. I'm strange, what can I say). I love that I am staying in a hotel next weekend! King sized bed! Free mini shampoo bottles! Does life get better?

I have wanted to do a Duck Tour since they first started them in Boston. I am so excited to finally be taking one. I super puffy heart tours - any tour of anything - I love them. Back when my brother started looking at colleges and we did the obligatory New England college tour - I was the 13 year old kid in the front of the tour group, intently listening to every word the tour guide said. I could make the walking backwards joke before she/he did. I could tell you pretty much anything about Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, Middlebury, and Amhurst (excuse me if I'm missing one). Now that didn't help me much in the long run since I myself didn't apply to any of those schools, but that didn't matter. It was a tour, and I had no problem giving up a week of my life to tour New England colleges when I wasn't even in high school yet. So, yes, I grew up in greater Boston, I already know all the historical facts from countless other tours, and I've seen the sights a billion times before.... I am giddy about the Duck Tour.

Did I mention the hotel?

Baby Girl isn't going to be with us? (love you baby girl, but I am so excited for my night away!!)

And of course, we're having dinner at a NON family-friendly restaurant. No. Kids. Anywhere.

I am so excited!!!

My mother gave me money towards this weekend for my birthday (AND she's watching my kid, fabulous), we already paid for the Duck Tour, and the hotel is free, so this isn't even going to cost us that much money!

Yes, I wish I was going to sit on a pink Bermuda beach for 3 days, but that isn't feasible. 24 hours in the next town over is. So I will take what I can get and love it!

No comments: