Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Happy June!

New month, new picture. This photo was taken down in the Outer Banks last year. I want to go back, hence the picture. I looked up condo rentals in Carolla - we can't go this year, but possible sometime in the future...

So, it's June. We're almost halfway through 2011. It's been a very long winter and a cold and wet spring, and I am ready for some warm and sunny weather!

June also means I have 2.5 months to get ready for Falmouth Road Race. I can now consistently run 2.4 miles, which I don't think is that bad considering I only started this crazy ride on April 24th. I could barely run for 60 seconds back then.

However my accomplishments don't seem like much when I still need to be able to run 7.2 miles by August 14th. I have 2.5 months to train to run another 4.8 miles. eeek! What was I thinking?

Of course Andrew (who started c25k about 2 weeks after I did) can already run further than I can. He also runs faster, but at this point I'm not worried about speed, I need to focus on distance first. If I can't do it in the time allotted, that will be next year's goal. I just want to be able to run the 7.2 miles this year.

God help me!

1 comment:

mycouponbasket said...

I m really excited about your sportive venture.... Loved your post...Good luck for your training.....