Wednesday, February 09, 2011

It's coming... I know it

Spring has to come around again, right? I mean at some point during the calendar year of 2011 it WILL be warmer - at least I think this is the case. In the middle of winter it's so hard to comprehend the thermometer hitting anything about 40. But I think we're getting there... there hasn't been any real accumulation with snow in eight days (EIGHT DAYS! That's longer than a week!), it's still light out till 5:15ish, daylight savings is less than 2 months away.

I just don't know how much longer I can deal with this. This is usually the time of year I start perusing real estate listings in North Carolina and dreaming of ways of getting jobs in Charlotte.

I just want Spring. I want 50-60 degree weather, I want to be able to take a walk after dinner, I want to take Baby Girl to the park, I want to see the grass, not 3 feet of snow, I want leaves on the trees and birds chirping!

Last year we had this freakish heat wave in March. It was around 90 degrees for a few days and then dropped down to the 80's for a few more days. It was a nice break, but the best part about it was the trees bloomed early because of it. We had trees with actual leaves on them in early April. That generally doesn't happen until May around here. Fingers crossed it can happen again!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're supposed to sneak over fifty sometime this weekend. I'm very excited.