Thursday, January 27, 2011

for REALZ

She said I can't go back to America soon
It's so goddamn cold it's gonna snow until June
Yeah, they're freezin' up in Buffalo stuck in their cars
And I'm lyin' here 'neath the sun and the stars.
~ Jimmy Buffett
Manana

I really think it is going to snow until June. For all of you not stuck in 3 feet of snow, I took some pictures to try to show you just what we are dealing with up here in the arctic circle.


close up of the tree outside of our door


snow, snow, so much snow!

The view from the back door down the walkway. That's my car at the end

Icicles! There are bigger ones on another building, but I had the wrong lens on when I was outside and couldn't zoom over there.


The people who live in this unit go to Florida for the winter. They may not be able to get back into their house when they come home....

Huge Giant Snowbanks. I'm willing to put money on the fact that there will some remnants of these snowbanks on May 1.

The snow on our porch - it wants to come in!


My car, dwarfed by the snowbanks


And finally - the huge bucket of ice melting pellet thingies. I have no idea what this is actually called, but doesn't the color remind you of tropical island water? Don't you just want to fly to the Carribean after looking at this? It's not so nice when it gets tracked into my kitchen, but I love the color of it in the bucket.

No comments: