How to look like an idiot at the gas station in 10 easy steps.
1. Don't check to see which side of the car the gas tank is on before you get there.
2. realize that you can either stop to check before you pull up to a pump, or just guess and hope you get it right.
3. Pull up and realize you guess wrong.
4. Circle all the way around the gas station, and then back up to a pump because you can't find a pump that's open for the passenger side.
5. Be very afraid of hitting something in your rental, so park the car a good 5 feet away from the pump.
6. Get out of the car and realize you have no idea how to open the gas tank door.
7. Spend 10 minutes searching all over the front seat for a lever to open it. Finally give up and read the manual.
8. Open the gas tank door (finally), fill up with gas
9. Pull away from the pump, thankful the embarrassing ordeal is over
10. Stop when the huge Silverado truck is beeping at you. Open the window so the nice man can tell you that you never closed the gas tank and he'll do it for you.
11. slink away as inconspicuously as a red Chevy HHR will let you.