Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Princess Meghan!

Did you think you would escape a full analysis of Kate's ring? From me? Surely you didn't!

Well here we go:
18 carat sapphire and diamonds. You can't deny that it is an absolutely beautiful ring. If someone gave me an unlimited amount of money and said I could design any ring I wanted, it would look very much like that one.

But here's my issue with that particular ring

It was the ring Charles gave to Diana for her engagement ring - William chose it to honor his mother. Lovely sentiment William, but did you not witness your parent's marriage? Let me clue you in: It was awful, your father cheated on your mother during the entirety of it, your mother was not able to deal with living in a fishbowl, from all accounts your grandmother didn't really help matters, and if there was ever a marriage that should not be honored it was that one.
Never having met her myself, I can't say for sure, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Diana had some other ring that would have been perfect for Kate's engagement ring.

Regardless of my personal feelings on the particular ring, cheers William and Kate! I hope everyone's learned valuable lessons and Kate's marriage is much easier and happier than Diana's!

Also, PLEASE TELEVISE YOUR WEDDING.

Signed

Royal Obsessed since birth,
MKO

No comments: