Friday, September 24, 2010

It sucked and then I cried

Yes, blatant plagiarism from Dooce. But then I just admitted I took it from Dooce, and I'm not trying to pass it off as my own, so it's not plagiarism anymore, is it?

My baby is not a baby anymore. She's a toddler. She's a mini human who talks, walks, throws temper tantrums, tries her hardest to use utensils, and loves to show me all the babies in her books. Yes, she understands what a baby is. I'm pretty sure once you know what a baby is, you can't be labeled as one anymore.

I can't believe her precious babyhood is over. I did wish away her new born infant stage, and no, I still don't regret it. Those first 6ish weeks were hell. I cried every day for 2weeks. I was fighting some mild depression, trying to learn how to nurse my baby, dealing with my limited time at home with her, and keeping myself held together. It was hard. And I hated it.

But her babyhood? That was awesome. It was full of smiles and giggles and hugs and new milestones every week. And now it's gone, captured only in the almost 2000 pictures I have of it.

Yup. TWO THOUSAND PICTURES. Hi-res pictures no less.

And I wonder why my laptop is so slow....

Anyway, I don't have a baby anymore. Oh, I'll still call her a baby. She's not even 18 months yet, I know that she's still considered a baby in the eyes of the rest of the world. But I'm here to tell you, she's no baby.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I hated Dooce's book. Just so you know.

Unknown said...

I actually never read it because everyone that read hated it!