Monday, August 30, 2010

A toad, Madame? Perhaps it is YOU who are the toad!

And we've come to this: I have no audio book, I'm at my breaking point with NPR from 4 - 5, I can't listen to music for an hour because it doesn't keep my attention, so I've come back to The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack (original recording, natch). I love that musical - and I know all the words to all the songs. I used to be able to play a few on the piano. The problem with listening to the entire score is I start to think I'm Michael Crawford and I start belting out all the Phantom's songs. I make a hell of a Phantom. Michael Crawford doesn't have anything on me.

BEHOLD!!! SHE IS SINGING TO BRING DOWN THE CHANDELIER!!!!

Some day when they invent a way back machine, I'm going back to London in 1986 and I am going to watch the original cast perform the musical.

Christine Daae can sing it sir!
The chorus girl?
Let her sing Messieurs. She has been well taught.

Or I'll just listen to my soundtrack and hope that this time the Phantom will not kill Joseph Buquet, but beat the crap out of Sissy pants Raul, and get the girl. Some day it will happen.

Also - buffalo chicken lasagna: good, definitely will make it again. I need to tweak it a little to lessen the calories. And we cooked it for 4.5 hours on high, but the sides were a little burnt. I think next time I will try it for 6 - 6.5 hours on low and see what happens. But it was a good flavor and SO easy to make!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried your recipe tonight. I liked it, but you're right, 4.5 hours on high does burn it a bit. I found reduced fat blue cheese in the Fancy Cheese Section of the Deli (FCSotD), but honestly, i thought it was really overpowering. I think Ian will definitely like it, so I'll have to make it again when he comes home.