Saturday, August 14, 2010

tired eyes

I'm having anxiety over not changing the picture for August. Is that normal?

I do a lot of driving, an unfortunate side effect of working 56 miles away from where I live. On average I spend 8.5 hours commuting a week - which is 4 days of driving into the office. So on the weekends, the last thing I want to do is go anywhere in a car. Of course that never happens - and do you know how boring 881 SF can be with an almost toddler? You can go crazy. Anyhoo - we had a family party in New Hampshire today (random aside - can you think of New Hampshire without thinking of Granite State of Mind? I no longer can), which means we drove from Canton to Deerfield (which took 2 hours thanks to traffic) and then Deerfield to Fralmouth. I was in a car for about 5 hours today.

I was about to crawl out of my skin. It reminded me of the last time we flew to CA on a nonstop flight. I was about to jump out of the plan somewhere over Colorado because I didn't think I could physically be couped up in that plane anymore. I guess I will never get to Hawaii if I can barely get to California.

So. I spent a lot of time in the car today. That sucked.

Also? Baby Girl has got to stop being my shadow when we are at family events. She's unusually clingy at these events and it drives me up the wall. All I heard all day today was "Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama! MAAAAAAMMMMAAAAAAA"

MY GOLD CHILD, THESE PEOPLE ARE YOUR FAMILY, THEY AREN'T GOING TO HARM YOU!!!

Is that not a lesson you can learn at 13.5 months?

No comments: