Thursday, June 03, 2010

Read me!

Are you a reader? Yes? Good. (if the answer is no, go pick up a book. It will be good for you).

A few years ago (January 2008) I joined Good Reads. For those of you unfamiliar with the site, it's essentially a website to keep track of the books you have read, that you want to read, and that you are reading. You can rate and review each book. You can look at your friends' lists of books and get ideas, or you can just browse through categories and read reviews that way. I'll admit I have not always been great with keeping up with the site, but I am trying harder these days.

I get most of my books out of the library (if I bought every book I read, I would be broke!) so I love the "to-read" category. Any time I have nothing to read, I go on to Good Reads, see what I marked down to read and request it from the library. Then they email me when it is available and I'm good to go.

My biggest problem is I only have 2 friends on there who actually update their lists. And one of them has a drastically different taste in books than I do, so her input is no good to me.

More people need to join and be my friend on there! I really have found a lot of books on there that I probably would not have read, had I not joined the website. So join. Add me as a friend. And UPDATE those lists!

No comments: