Tuesday, June 08, 2010

freaking out here

I noticed tonight that my child is huge. HUGE. I don't know how that happened. I don't understand how one day I had this teeny tiny baby who I could with one arm and the next day I have a GIGANTIC boddler (boddler being the in-between stage of a baby and a toddler). I was putting her lotion on her tonight after her bath and I could not believe how big she is.

It will be a few years before we have another baby, unless of course, we hit the lottery tomorrow. I'm sad that we don't have a baby in the house anymore. We have this mini human who is standing and trying to walk and babbling some words and is obsessed with Elmo. She can hear the first few notes of Elmo's World no matter where she is in the house and immediately crawls faster than I thought possible to sit right in front of the TV and waggle about. "ELLBLA!!" "ELLBLA"!!

Who knew how bittersweet first birthdays are?

No comments: