Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beat LA!

Sorry about the complete lack of posting. We had a minor computer problem here at the Casa de O'G. The laptop burned through yet another power cord and our desktop isn't set up. Because the desktop shares a room with my daughter, there's never a good time to set it up. By the time we have a few minutes to think about setting it up, she's in bed and there's no way I'm going to go into her room and fiddle with the computer.

But we have a temporary solution, and I'm back!

In the Dark Time of No Blog Updates, we had Baby Girl's first birthday party - I cannot fathom the fact that she's 1. I can't deal with the fact that she's a little person. I also cannot deal with the billion plastic toys in our living room, but I'm very thankful that she is so loved! Except by her Godfather... he could have skipped buying the Elmo Live.... but she loves it, so maybe he did know what he was doing! Now I'll just have "la la la la.... la la la la..... Elmo's World!" stuck in my head for the next 2 years. I have hope that one day she will get beyond Elmo. I hear my niece has moved on to Dora now. I'm honestly not sure which one is better, but at this point I'm betting on Dora.

Baby Girl's actual birthday is next week. I'm not sure how I will deal that day. I'll be mourning the loss of my little baby instead of celebrating. (but I'm still not, nor will I ever, be sad she isn't a newborn anymore. Those were DARK DAYS and I'm dreading the next time I will have to go through that. Though that probably won't be for a few years unless there is some very old, very rich relative out there that I don't know about).

So getting to the title of the blog post. The C's could win it all tonight, but it doesn't look good right now. Did you know the "Beat LA" chant doesn't originate in a Celtics vs. LA game? You did? Oh, right. The whole world knew that. I just found out the other day.

That's all for now folks. I have to keep an eye on the basketball game (can we agree that LA has ugly uniforms?) and finish my book.

No comments: