Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not gonna happen

Bing.com - I am not going to use you. I am never going to "bing" anything, I will always Google it. I don't care that you are a "decision engine". I like my "search engine". You may have witty ads, but I'm still going to Google. My entire life is on google. I use Gmail, Blogger, Google maps, Google images, and I have Google Docs that help me run my life. All you have, Bing, is a stupid name. I give you an A for effort, but I like Google better. First to Market Advantage is more than just a stupid theory taught in business classes (while we're on that topic, how lame is Six Sigma? Honestly - UBER LAME). Maybe next time, Microsoft. For now, just bask in the glory that is xBox 360.

On that note - I'm never going to be a fan of Kindle or any of its counterparts. I like a book. If I am reading a book, I want to read a paper book. Call me old fashioned - I even use my local library. I have to do that, if I didn't take most of my books out of the library, I would go broke buying books! I don't want another electronic device in my life, especially one that's sole purpose in life is to contain books. However -unlike Bing, I do see the value in a Kindle for certain people. If I commuted on the train every day, I might be singing a different tune. But for me - I can't take a Kindle into a bubble bath (I've taken exactly 1 bubble bath in 8 months, but I used to take one about 4 nights a week when I lived with my parents. I'll take baths again when I have a bigger bathtub!), I don't want to sit in my big overstuffed chair on Sunday mornings with my coffee and a Kindle, I want to do these things with a BOOK! No Kindle for me! Yes, I understand that it's a double standard when I tell my mother she's lame because she wants to read an actual newspaper, not read it online. Oh well. Newspapers online are fine, books on Kindles are not!

And that, my friends, is my opinion on Bing and Kindles. Stay tuned for how I feel about Pandora and iPads.

No comments: