Sunday, July 05, 2009

let the hate mail begin

I'm just going to say it. I don't like the newborn stage. I love my child and I am very glad she is here, but I'm very eagerly looking forward to leaving the newborn stage behind us. She has totally reversed night and day, which means nights like last night no one in our house got any sleep. And that does not make for a happy household. Baby girl is asleep again right now, which just makes me fearful of tonight. Andrew goes back to work tomorrow which leaves the night duty mostly to me.

I don't need her to sleep through the night, I just need her to flip her night and days back to normal. I need to sleep. I need for her to not be a newborn anymore.

I keep listening to "It won't be like this for long" by Darius Rucker. I really I will be looking back at this time period and laughing. And I hope that comes sooner rather than later

He didn't have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Layin’ there in bed listenin’
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It gonna be OK

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long

No comments: