Thursday, February 12, 2009

Betty Crocker

If this baby has changed one thing about me, it's my never-before-present sweet tooth. I didn't dislike sweets before pregnancy, but I never sought them out and could walk right past a cake, cookie, chocolate, or anything else like that if I wasn't in the mood. Now, that feat is impossible. For the first 20 weeks I treated chocolate as it's own food group (or layer on the pyramid, whichever one you want to use) and I've actually purchased ice cream to eat at home. I don't think I have ever done that before.

Despite my new fondness for sweets, I haven't made any at home - up to now. I passed by the Funfetti Valentines Day cake mix at Stop and Shop (and I lurve me some funfetti cake!) and I was sold I HAD to have them. So today, I pulled out my cupcake pans (which I have used exactly once since I got them as a wedding shower present, yet somehow they are in terrible shape) and went to town. Making cupcakes from a box isn't really that hard, but it's more baking than I've done in a long long time. I had to get out my mixer! I don't actually think I've ever used it!

Here they are unfrosted.Unfortunately, Blogger is not letting me upload any pictures at the moment, so I can't show you the finished product. That figures, because during the entire frosting process, Andrew was really really mean to me. I'm actually not sure I've seen him be that mean and cruel before - I have no idea why, or why he decided to take it all out on me and the cupcakes, but Blogger not uploading the photos is really just icing on the cake (pardon the pun!!!) on the wrap up of the cupcake adventure. I'm actually sorry I set one aside for him.

No comments: