Friday, October 24, 2008

things I learned

I am finally well on my way to recovery. Andrew is a few days behind me, though he (luckily) never got as sick as I did. I learned a few things after 14 days of the plague.

1. Working while sick is a terrible idea. I have 5 sick days a year, so I really can't abuse my sick time. I end up working when I probably shouldn't. I did take 1 day this time, but I probably should have taken 2 or 3. Though my productivity was next to nothing, so I may as well have been at home.

2. The last two episodes of Gilmore Girls season 7 are really sad. I hadn't watched them since they originally aired in May 2007 and when I watched them again last weekend I was sobbing. Exactly like I did when they aired for the first time.

3. I really need to update my DVD collection. When there is nothing On Demand, nothing on TV, and you've seen all your movies 8 billion times, the 72 hours of not getting off the couch can get old.

4. I have renewed my adoration for naps.

5. My voice can squeak. While I learned that for the first time in France (which was probably the last time I was sick), I have relearned that particular lesson. Squeaking while speaking is not sexy.

6. I actually lost my appetite. I never lose my appetite. Ever. I can honestly say this is the first time in my life that I had no desire to eat. (I have made up for that though, don't you worry)

7. Andrew can be really sweet and attentive. When we wants to be.

8. I went through 3 boxes of Kleenex in 3 days. That's technically not a lesson that I learned, but it's got to be some kind of world record.

9. You can mix 800mg of Motrin with Tylenol Severe Cold and not have your liver explode (I in NO WAY condone that. In fact, you shouldn't ever do that. Do Not Mix Your Pain And Cold Medication!)

10. The laptop is your friend when you are sick. Your best friend.

No comments: