Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it

Okay, maybe not. But it is almost the end of summer, and to me there's not much of a difference. I have another week of work, and then next week is my annual Week Off From Work. I'm very excited. I'm more excited that as time of publication, in 9 months, 1 week, and 5 days I won't be forced to take the last week of summer as my vacation. In fact, I could take 2 weeks off from work if I want! The possibilities are endless, really.

Anywho, back to present day. I'm very excited to be on vacation, but I am NOT excited that it is the last week of summer. That just sucks. I do enjoy fall weather, but I like summer weather better, and the fall weather means winter is just around the corner. I only tolerate winter for skiing, but those endlessly long months are painful. It's just a long dark cold monotonous mess. And it's only 4 months away!

But I still have 2 weeks of summer and I need to keep reminding myself about things I like about fall/ winter

* the smell of the air in fall
* sweater season! (chubby girls love sweater season!)
* TV shows come back on
* apple scented candles
* back to school ads STOP playing
* the 1st snow of the season (as long as I don't have to drive in it)
* PATRIOTS!!!! (and my favorite facebook group - The Patriots Beat You Because You Suck, so Get Over It!)
* the first skiing run of the day when I've managed to get up early enough to ski the corduroy.

But today? Today I'm going to the beach.

No comments: