Okay, maybe not. But it is almost the end of summer, and to me there's not much of a difference. I have another week of work, and then next week is my annual Week Off From Work. I'm very excited. I'm more excited that as time of publication, in 9 months, 1 week, and 5 days I won't be forced to take the last week of summer as my vacation. In fact, I could take 2 weeks off from work if I want! The possibilities are endless, really.
Anywho, back to present day. I'm very excited to be on vacation, but I am NOT excited that it is the last week of summer. That just sucks. I do enjoy fall weather, but I like summer weather better, and the fall weather means winter is just around the corner. I only tolerate winter for skiing, but those endlessly long months are painful. It's just a long dark cold monotonous mess. And it's only 4 months away!
But I still have 2 weeks of summer and I need to keep reminding myself about things I like about fall/ winter
* the smell of the air in fall
* sweater season! (chubby girls love sweater season!)
* TV shows come back on
* apple scented candles
* back to school ads STOP playing
* the 1st snow of the season (as long as I don't have to drive in it)
* PATRIOTS!!!! (and my favorite facebook group - The Patriots Beat You Because You Suck, so Get Over It!)
* the first skiing run of the day when I've managed to get up early enough to ski the corduroy.
But today? Today I'm going to the beach.