Thursday, August 21, 2008

another last

I've finished my last summer semester of my grad school career. And I'm so very happy about that! Not so happy that summer is almost over, but I have to take the bad with the good.


I'm also very excited to be on vacation as of 4:51 tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! 10 whole days off! And we're actually going somewhere! When we sadly had to put the brakes on SoCal, I figured we'd spend the week in Falmouth. That would have been a fun week, but I had been looking forward to GOING somewhere! But thanks to the magic of Marriott reward points and free attractions in D.C., we can actually afford to go! Now our Marriott points are used up, so no more free vacations - but this one will be worth it. I should be at home packing and getting ready (must remember social security card.... must remember social security card..... MUST REMEMBER SOCIAL SECURITY CARD!!!) but I'm in Quincy trying to finish up laundry. Then I have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get all our travel sized items. I hate this stupid 3oz rule. I know we could avoid it by checking our luggage, but somewhere along the way we decided it would be easier to not check luggage. I'm not sure I realized that would mean me running around on my Last Flex of the Summer trying to get all this stuff done. Vacations are a lot easier when someone else does all this work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's ok, i'm not sitting in the new house crying into my plastic bowl of cereal because you guys stood us up or anything. no, not at all.... waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how much I'd rather be there instead of DC!

Alas, UMass insists on being paid for the fall semester. Whatever. That money could have totally gone to better use!