Thursday, June 12, 2008

This is not my finest year

I think 2008 is going to go down as The Year Meghan's Health Went to Shit. I used to be pretty healthy. Presently that is not the case, and it annoys me. There isn't a whole lot I can do about it, nothing that is happening is within my control.

Example 1 - Dysplastic Nevus. Fair skin meet sun. Sun, meet fair skin. Welcome sunburns.
Example 2. My eyes. Severe myopia meet Meghan. Meghan, you know severe myopia. You've only been dealing with it since you were 8.

I've tried to tell the medical professionals I deal with for the past year and a half that I can't see. They didn't believe me at all. So I've put up with my lack of seeing clearly. I can't drive at night at all. It's actually been hard on Andrew because he has had to do all the night driving for a long time. But I'm sick of it. So today I demanded that someone listen to me. The result? My eyes suck even worse. I have sucky sucky eyesight. And that is the professional opinion. I need BI-FOCALS on top of everything else. But I can't get my eyes checked until next February. So what's a blind girl to do? Get a stronger contacts prescription by my life-saver of an optometrist and buy reading glasses. READING GLASSES. I'm 27!!!!!! But if I don't use them with my stronger contacts, I'll do more damage to my already worn out eyes.

Life sucks.

No comments: