Sunday, June 29, 2008

mmm....summer

I'm really not down with working 5 days a week. Especially in the summer. So this summer I put an end to the barbaric practice. 4 days a week for me. With my flex days and plethora of vacation days (because I can't take vacations while I'm in school) I managed to somehow at least have one day off a week from the middle of June through the week of August 18th. And then I have the whole next week off. My life after Labor Day is going to be painful, but the summer will be worth it.

Last week I had Friday off. And the stars and planets aligned and Andrew took it off too! We were Falmouth bound Thursday night. 3 day weekends are fantastic

Saturday was one of those postcard Cape days. Not a cloud in the sky and the temperature was in the high 80's with that ever present sea breeze that made life bearable. My mother and I went to the beach and I could have stayed there all day. I even went swimming. My father and Andrew played 9 holes. Then we went to FYC where I had my once yearly frozen pina colada. And what made the whole day sweeter was we heard the weather wasn't very good at home. That never happens - we actally had better weather in Falmouth!!

And people wonder why I spend my weekends here.

No comments: