Monday, June 02, 2008

Manic Monday

Working makes me hate every day just a little bit more than the day before. Sad, really. But on the positive note, I have Thursday off and this weekend should be fun. If I can get through the 3 more workdays I have to get through.

Sometimes I dream about working someplace else. Some other industry. Anything but what I do. What I really want to do is work for a non-profit group environmental group. I don't know what exactly I want to do for them, but I want to be involved with something that doesn't make me hate my life. Any ideas? anyone? no? damn.

I have no school tomorrow night and I'm making one of my Make and Take dinners, which means more time to sit around and do nothing! whoo hoo! I'll probably go for a walk after work. Then I'll mosey around, cook my Make and Take meal, and perhaps watch some mindless television. Sounds divine. The one sad part of that is I have no more Sex and The City to watch. I've been watching them On Demand since January, but now I've seen them all, plus the movie. I'll have to find something else to watch.

So what, you ask, is the Make and Take Kitchen? Only the greatest idea since sliced bread! You sign up before you go for either 3, 6, 9, or 12 meals (I make half orders, they feed 2-3 people). You can choose from a bunch of different meals and when you get there on your selected date and time, they have everything you need to make your meal set up for you. Everything is chopped, peeled, sliced, diced, you name it. All you have to do is put everything together in whatever container they tell you to put it in. Even the meat is already portioned out for you. And it is all fresh food. If you don't like onions - don't put them in! Love garlic? Double what it calls for! (actually never double a garlic amount, but you get the point). You don't have to worry about prep, cleaning, making sure you have all the ingredients, and you make it with fresh food. Pop it in the freezer when you get home and all you have to do when you want to eat it is follow the fool proof cooking directions on your container. Honestly, it's a lifesaver. And I don't even have kids! I know of one mother of 3 who makes 12 full meals every month (and gets a 13th meal free). It's really awesome; you go out to eat less, you eat less frozen pre-prepared meals full of sodium, and you can actually have a real meal in about 20 minutes. I love it. I wish I had come up with the idea. See paragraphs 1 & 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a similar deal out here called Dinner A'Fare. I heart it.