Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I heart Memorial Day Weekend. Mainly because it means a long weekend from work and school. But next year it will mean GRADUATION so I will heart it even more.

Today we had a somewhat lazy day. Mid afternoon Andrew and I went on a bike ride. I got some interesting pictures. If I had a better camera I could have gotten some really good pictures, but a really nice camera will have to wait until next year. I just don't have the time to learn how to use it now.

This lilac bush fascinated me. It was all by itself. Just doing it's own thing, growing all by it's lonesome. You normally don't see that, at least around here. And maybe if you do catch one by itself it's a grown up bush, not a baby one like this.

This is one of the blossoms. In real life, I love the smell of a lilac bush. But I hate the smell of any kind of lilac spray. It makes me nauseous. However, smelling a nice blooming liliac is fantastic. I tried to really zoom in on the blossom, but again, I just have a point and shoot camera. You get the idea though.


This used to be a very small beach at the end of a main road. I used to walk down here when I was a kid and play in the sand. At the end of the main street is a dirt road, and at the end of the paved road is a small path over the dunes. I used to come down here with my mother and have the area all to myself.


It's all different now. They've put big rocks at the end of the sand. I guess for your safety, as there are the remains of some very old pilings. I never really swam down here, but I did wade around. Even that is out of the picture now.


But even if I don't have the same kind of fun I used to have on this little strip of sand, these crazy kids do...


No comments: