I like to eat Turkey in my big brown shoe
You might notice that my blog is different. I did this in a vain attempt to create titles on my blog. No such luck. I cannot put titles on my posts. I have no idea why, Andrew has no idea why, blogger has simply decided I cannot have titles posts. I thought maybe changing it up a bit would help, but it clearly has not. That is my one complaint with blogger and I think I am the only one who has run into that problem
Thanksgiving is a week from today. I am not feel thankful about much. I've actually been somewhat down in the dumps lately. I just don't feel like a happy person. For one thing I've been feeling lonely lately because my annoying busy life doesn't let me see a lot of people anymore, I don't even spend that much time with my husband. This was actually a warning sign to me - I went through the signs of depression in my head. I've been clinically depressed before and let me tell you, it's NOT fun. I've seen it in my friends as well and it's just as not fun when your friends go through it (especially when denial ain't just a river in egypt!!) But I have come to the conclusion that I am just a little blah, not actually depressed. Yes I am tired all the time, but that is because I don't sleep well because of the stress. I am stressed because work is horrendous right now and I can't seem to catch up (thankfully no one else can either, so I'm not the only one) and this semester is coming to an end which means papers and finals. I could go on and on, but I really think once Dec 19 gets here I'll be good - a whole MONTH off from school! A MONTH!! WHOO HOO!!! Thank god I do not have children right now. This whole "women can have it all" crap is just that: CRAP. But that is a different post.
But as I mentioned, Thanksgiving is a week from today. So I have to stop being gloomy and start being thankful! Here is what I am thankful for (oh, I SO just ended a scentence with a preposition!). This list is in no particular order
1. I have a job (one that is killing me right now, but I still get a paycheck)
2. I have a family that loves me, and sometimes when I have an extra super special broke week, my mom will give me $6 for parking at school
3. I have a husband who spoils me shamefully, especially when I have an alarm clock catastrophe and he gets up before he has to to make my lunch and coffee while I rush around to make it out the door on time.
4. I have super cool friends who like me despite me
5. I was able to buy a condo at 24 instead of paying rent.
6. I have a college degree and I'm in my second year of grad school
7. three out of four granparents are still alive
8. My car will be paid off in 12 months
9. Dunkin Donuts exists
10. I will be skiing in just six short weeks (hopefully!!)
That's my list for right now. Maybe I will add to it in then next week. Maybe I will subtract. Who knows?