Thursday, August 17, 2006

Where My Girls At?



Okay, that was a shamless way to post another wedding picture, I'll admit. The title of the blog was meant to be an intro into the blog, but I couldn't resist the temptation. I have a small obsession with my wedding pictures. sorry :)

Anyway, Where My Girls At?

I miss college this time of year, and it's only to get worse for the next month. You would think that three years after graduating I wouldn't miss it so much. It's really only when the summer begins to fade into fall that I do. Well, I always miss the college lifestyle, but that's a general "oh I wish I could still sleep past 6:30 in the morning and take a nap in the afternoon" type of missing it. Right now I seriously miss everything about it. I miss campus in the fall - it was so beautiful. I miss buying back to school stuff for the dorm/apartment. I miss that first week of classes where you told yourself "I am going to do ALL my reading and not put off writing papers till the last minute". I miss having my friends at the most 5 minutes away from me. I'm not saying I would give up my job, my marriage, my condo, my freedom, to go back to college (though I would drop out of grad school in a HEARTBEAT) but I just miss the general excitement of the last August, early September going back to college feeling. When Andrew lived in Manch I would try to get to campus a few times in the fall and walk the trails behind the Monastary - the trees are so beautiful in the fall! Maybe I can convince him to go on a road trip with me this year. There always is the lure of fries and ranch!

So who's up for going to Alumni Weekend this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, fries and ranch....(pregnancy cravings still very prominent!) ~bb