Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It ain’t fair you died too young
like a story that had just begun…

Never has Kenny Chesney’s lyrics meant this much to me. A childhood friend of mine died last week. I left childhood behind a long time ago and sadly, I lost touch with a lot of my friends. And I lost touch with a family who literally opened their doors for me at all hours of the day and was a huge part of my childhood. Tomorrow I have to go to wake and reconnect with the family that had huge part in raising me and tell them how sorry I am that their sister and daughter was tragically taken away from them at too young an age. I’m sorry that I allowed myself to lose touch, and that missed out in the last ten years of her life. I’ll never understand why innocent 23 year olds who had bright futures and people who love them have to die.

No comments: