Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Lymphoma is bad.

I'm not going to lie,  I had to google what Lymphoma was.  I knew it was a cancer,  obvi.   But I had limited knowledge on what KIND of cancer it is.

Let me start at the beginning.

I didn't get accepted into the lottery for the Falmouth Road Race,  as we all know.   People were all "just get a charity number and you can still run!"  and I was all "hell no,  I'm not going to kill myself fundraising!".

Then an acquaintance of mine joined the Lymphoma Research Foundation charity team and she was all "hey!  They ask for $1500,  but there's no minimum!"  and I was all "DUUUUUUUUUDE,  no minimum!"

And I signed up.

Yay!

Cancer is bad!  Lymphoma is bad!   Let's cure cancer!  Let's cure Lymphoma!

http://www.lymphoma.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1074565&lis=1&kntae1074565=D8F2C129D164474C80CF0F33F08F46C5&supId=387803480

So,  yes,  while I'm fundraising for a charity that I didn't know existed until last week,  it's still cancer.   And cancer still sucks.   I'm all for curing it posthaste.  

(by the way,  Lymphoma is a cancer of the blood)

So if you have a few extra dollars to spare,  I'd REALLY appreciate it.   Though I will not be charged if I don't raise the $1500,  I'd still like to get us much money as I can for these people.  After all A)  Cancer is bad   B)  Lymphoma is cancer and therefore bad   and C)  These people got me a number to run so I want to do as much as I can. 

$3.   Can you donate $3?  And don't lose the confirmation email!  That's a $3 tax deduction!!!

(by the way,  regular posting will resume in the fall.   I will post occasionally this summer,  but check back after Labor Day for regular updates)

No comments: