Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday.  I treated myself to a bag of Reese's mini peanut butter cups,  let my kids watch too much TV so I could keep the active parenting to a minimum, Andrew made mexican and margaritas for dinner, and I got tickets to see Wicked when it comes to Boston in September!  It was a pretty good day considering it wasn't even a "big" birthday.   For a few hours I thought I had turned 33 and then I realized that I'm only 32!   What a day!

I've wanted to see Wicked for years and years and I'm so excited that we are finally going.   Is it wrong that I'm already thinking about what to wear?  Probably. 

I wasn't accepted in the lottery to run Falmouth, but Andrew was.  That was.... disappointing to say the least.   I've stopped pushing pins into vodoo dolls resembling race officials, but I can't say I wouldn't trip one on purpose if given the opportunity.    Not getting in has pushed me to finally bite the half marathon bullet.   I haven't actually signed up yet,  but plans are in the works. 

Hopefully I'll be in Harwich in the fall!


No comments: