Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a review

I completely ripped this off another blog and I'm not sure where the original is.   It is not mine though, don't sue me.   If anyone knows where it came from, I'll link it back.  Obvs. 

2012 in Review

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Made it to the hospital BEFORE I was 10cm dilated.
Decided whether or not another person should be circumsized
Stayed home with the kiddos

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

 These were my resolutions from last year:
1.  Water.  Drink it. 
2. de-clutter my house.  
3.  Wii Fit. 
so, No, No, and No.   I'll make the water resolution again.  Eventually I WILL drink enough water


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Me!  ME ME ME!!!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.   I had friends and family lose close family members.   It was sad.  It always is. 

5. What countries did you visit?
None.
  Booooo. 

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A third bedroom and a minivan

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
6/25/12:  my Little Man's birthday. 


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Giving birth.  Again. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
oooh.   Just one?  um....  Sleep training my son.   It's a work in progress.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major.   Except you know, the whole LABOR AND DELIVERY thing.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Sit n' Stand stroller.  Sad.  Yes.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare, mortgage, and preschool.   Someday my answer will be vacation.  Someday.

13. What did you get really excited about?
My baby boy.   Also, I ran a 10K without a lot of training.  So I'm pretty much the best person ever.


14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Pontoon.   Also,  not sure I'll be able to hear Hallelujah without thinking of those babies in Newtown.


15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder?  MUCH LESS STRESS and happier that I am no longer pregnant.
– thinner or fatter? I was pregnant, so imma hope I'm leaner right now
– richer or poorer? oh, so much poorer.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

There can never be too much time spent at the beach.  Never.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?


 stress about work

18. How did you spend Christmas?
I will be spending it with the family.   Isn't that how most people celebrate?

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's.  I know, but it's true.  Also high on the list: Nashville, Bunheads, Big Bang Theory.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I really liked Room (though that might have been the very end of 2010?) and Moloka'i

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

LOVED Zac Brown Band's album from this summer,  "Uncaged"

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Hunger Games.  It was the only movie I saw, but I LURVED IT.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 31.   I have no idea what I did.  I was 9 months pregnant so I'm sure whatever it was, it wasn't that much fun

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Selling the 881SF of hell and having people stop asking me why I don't move to a bigger place.  The next person who asks me is going to get an indepth lecture on how stupid they are and how they should educate themselves on the world around them and how the housing market has still not recovered.  And then I will ask them for $60K,  because I can't move until I get $60K.   Someday I will find the long lost rich relative that I know I must have.    Also,  if the election hadn't been so heated.  And people didn't say such stupid things.   And if politics and religion were banned from Facebook.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
pregnant, chubby,  desperately holding on to boot cut jeans.

26. What kept you sane?
wine and baby cuddles

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Getting the epidural early is the right thing to do.

No comments: