Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Penelope

We (I) decided to do Elf on the Shelf this year.  Apparently EOTS is controversial... who knew?  I just thought it was cute.   Anyway,  our elf appeared this past Sunday and my Baby Girl hasn't 100% accepted it yet.   We had to gently nudge her in the right direction in naming it - Baby Girl wanted it to be named "Daddy Elf"  or "Baby Girl Elf".   We eventually decided on Penelope.  She loves getting up every morning and finding out where Penelope is,  but I'm not sure that she's buying the fact that Penelope flies back to the North Pole every night to report back to Santa.   That concept may be a little young for a 3 year old though.  

I had to email Santa a few days ago because Penelope was dangling from our ceiling fan in the kitchen and I kept knocking into her with my head.   Baby Girl was getting panicky because you can't touch the elf or she will lose her magic.  So we emailed Santa and explained that Mama didn't MEAN to bump Penelope and we really hoped she wouldn't lose her magic.   Luckily for us,  Santa checks his email daily and ensure Penelope was able to go back to the North Pole and report how wonderful Baby Girl had been that day.   Crisis averted.  Rest assured Penelope will not be dangling from the ceiling fan any more!

No comments: