Saturday, April 28, 2012

may the odds be ever in your favor

We finally got to see the Hunger Games last night.   Overall I enjoyed it,  I thought they stayed pretty close to the book.   They did leave some stuff out, but the didn't really make anything up (aside from one minor deviation from how Katniss got the Mockingjay pin), so I was happy.   It makes me so mad that they made so much stuff up in the Harry Potter movies - those books are around 500 pages,  is there really not enough content that you need to make up stuff?

So the movie was good, and now I want to re-read the trilogy!   But the people at the theater drove me crazy.   It really bugs me when I get to the theater super early for the sole intention of getting the seat that I want, and then people come in late and ask me to move.   To be honest,  if they are asking me to move more than one seat over,  I won't do it.   If I didn't care where I sat,  I wouldn't waste 30 minutes sitting in the theater before the previews.    People are dumbfounded when I explain that I got there early to sit in those seats, so no - I'm going to move,  but I really don't care.   Last night they only asked us to move down one seat so I acquiesced - but I was not polite about it.   If you want a good seat, get to the theater early!

I was amazed by the amount of people who walked into the theater in groups of 5 or 6 people at 6:55 when the movie started at 7:05 and walked up and down the aisles looking for free seats together.   They were all so surprised they would have to sit way up front.  I don't understand why no one seems to understand the concept of arriving early.   Yes, you may have to wait for a few minutes,  but isn't that why they invented smart phones?

The next time I am at the movies may be to see Breaking Dawn #2 in November.... and god help anyone who asks me to move my perfect seat.

Now for the important question - Team Gale or Team Peeta? 

No comments: