Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Fools!

This month's picture was taken on our recent trip to Virginia.   It's not really April-ish,  but I have not been taking great pictures lately and the beach always makes me happy, so there you go. 

I need to get better about using my camera... the fancy one,  not the iPhone.  The problem is my iPhone takes really good pictures and it's so much easier to grab my phone than lug my DSLR around.   My goal is to use the camera on Easter morning - though I barely remember how to use it,  I'm going to have to rely on Andrew taking back up pictures with the iPhone.   Maybe I should flip through Canon Rebel for Dummies this week and see what I can re-learn!

I will be 26 weeks pregnant tomorrow,  meaning I have 14ish weeks to go!   I feel like it's never going to end,  and that has everything to do with work being a constant source of soul crushing stress and less to do with this pregnancy being a pain in the neck.   Though I do really miss being able to have a glass of wine every day once in awhile. 

The PW Friday night did not go well.  The Barbeque Quesadillas were fabulous,  but the rice was a dismal failure - it was all user error though,  nothing to do with the recipe.  Although I don't even know what the recipe is supposed to taste like,  we burned the rice since we don't have the right hardware.   I had no choice but to try to make it in a Wok which.....  didn't work.  We'll just leave it at that.    The cinnamon I added instead of cumin was just icing on the cake.   Hopefully this Friday will be better!

Happy April! 

No comments: