Wednesday, May 25, 2011

yuck

I ran out of K-cups today and had to dip into Andrew's supply. We don't exactly have the same taste in coffee. His Donut Shop Extra Bold makes me want to gag. But it's either that, or no coffee today, so I'm forcing it down.

It's gross.

My daughter says everything is gross now. I can't imagine where she learned that.

I'm doing w6d2 today of c25k. I thought it would be easy, since it's back to intervals after running 20 minutes straight on w5d3. From everything I've read, that doesn't seem to be the case. For reasons I don't understand, this is a hard interval workout, even though it seems easy. Run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes. It's less running than my 20 minute straight run, so it doesn't make sense that it would be so hard... but what do I know, I just run when the nice woman inside my app tells me to.

Speaking of apps, I was thinking about doing the Bridge to 10K app (because as we remember, Falmouth is longer than a 10k!) after I'm done with c25k, but I downloaded Nike + last night (it's free right now!) and I may just go with that. It has a mapping feature which my c25k app does not have (Andrew has a different c25k app and his does have the mapping feature and I am super jealous), and it has features that you can run against a specific time which will help me because I'm a pretty slow runner. This way I can still keep track of my mileage and my distance all in one app. That's the plan anyway, I need to get through week 9 of c25k!

No comments: