Monday, March 14, 2011

My husband has done many wonderful things over the 11 years we've known each other (okay, the first year didn't really count... as we found as many ways to avoid each other as humanly possible...). He's given me an appreciation for the fall, was willing to be my sidekick when I was bound and determined to learn how to ski, listened to me when I told him that the green swatch was the perfect color for our furniture and then didn't say I told you so when the most ugly furniture in the world was delivered....

But most important of all, he has shown me that no matter how empty your kitchen is, when you haven't gone grocery shopping in a month... there is usually SOMETHING you can throw together if you are creative enough. And also... sometimes you just have defrost that piece of chicken breast and cook it if you want to eat lunch. If left to my own devices, I probably would have had crackers for lunch today, and instead I got to have a pan fried chicken sandwich!

Okay, I know most of you are thinking that it takes a pretty big moron to eat crackers instead of simply cooking a piece of chicken, but in my mind chicken breast = dinner. To cook it for lunch is against everything I know. Or knew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cooking a chicken breast period remains a challenge for me.