Sunday, February 06, 2011

okay I come Mama!

Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl named Meghan who thought, what could be easier than finishing up her MBA and being 18 years pregnant at the same time, and then had a baby and then she had a scary couple of weeks, but then she got over it and had a very cute and very happy baby, and everyone was happy and she didn't QUITE lose the baby weight, but if she sucks in enough, can still fit into her pre-pregnancy clothes.

the end.

Oh, wait. That's not the end. Here's the thing about cute happy babies. They turn into toddlers, who can actually be CUTER than the babies, but they can also be monsters.

Luckily for you, this is a cute story.

Last night I went out with two of my friends because one of them turned 30 on Friday (better her than me!). I needed to actually get ready to go, which involved putting on makeup - a task I generally avoid. So I sipped my G&T (because how can you go out without first having a G&T?) and said "Okay Baby Girl, Mama has to go put on her makeup"). Baby Girl stood there, looked at me, and said "Okay Mama, I come. I help". Oh thank you baby girl, I've always wanted my own makeup artist. I went into the bathroom and got my stuff out and Baby Girl went to work very seriously taking out all the Q-tips one by one and placing them in the trash. Then she looked at me taking all sorts of fun brushes and sweeping them on my face. So in order to properly help me, she took her Q-tips and did the exact same thing I did to her face. We were gorgeous by the time we both were done.

Then she stuck Q-tips in her ear (which she somehow taught herself to do, as I don't use Q-tips and Andrew only does when she showers which is an even Baby Girl is not invited to attend) and ran around the house like a crazy person.

No comments: