Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This too shall pass

I never really thought about that saying before I was in the middle of the awful baby blues, dealing with an infant and trying to go at least 2 hours without crying. My mother said it to me, and it became my mantra until things got better, around 6 weeks.

Anyway - this too shall pass. This time - not baby related.

The weather.

I spent 3 hours in the car today. That's how great my commute was. And had my boss not let me go about an hour and 15 minutes early, I was seriously considering staying at a hotel near my office. On a good day I can tolerate my commute. On a bad day, I want to drive my car into at tree (in the most non-suicidal way possible, of course). Today was a tree day.

Also, my toddler was in rare form today. She didn't really nap at school and just looking at her the wrong way would cause her to burst into tears for a good 10 minutes.

Today has just been one of those days.

No comments: