Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Per usual, Andrew and I had a quiet New Year's Eve. We got Thai food (didn't feel like waiting for Chinese) and rented The Town. I actually stayed awake to watch the ball drop and we had a glass of champagne. Pretty exciting stuff! There was a time in my life when I actually went out on New Years Eve... that was before this boogaloo took over my life:

She's starting to answer to Boogaloo, and try to say it. Oops! Sorry the picture is blurry, I didn't realize it when I was taking them, and I have no photo editing software. But you get the point.

What are your resolutions? I actually don't have any this year. I really don't want to examine my life that closely, I don't know if I'll be happy with what I see!

However, I do have some goals for the new year. One is to start and keep up with a 2011 family scrapbook. I made a 2008 one, started making a 2009 one, but stopped, and I have one from June 23, 2009 through June 23, 2010... so I'm all over the place. But I'm committed to getting at least one page for each month of 2011 done. I'm going to start with Christmas (maybe Thanksgiving?) for the 2011, which is slightly cheating, but this way I will still have all of my girl's holiday seasons captured.

In order to accomplish this goal, I need to dedicate some time each week to scrapbooking. I don't have a good place to do set up my stuff at home - which means I have to take it all out and put it all away every time I want to work on it. So I always find an excuse to not work on my books, which is how we ended up with only a 2008 scrapbook completed! I'm not sure how I'm going to get this done, but I'll be happy in 20 years that I did it... if I don't jump off my balcony in a fit of frustration when I don't have room to do ANYTHING!

Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you!

No comments: