Thursday, December 23, 2010

Twas the night before the night before Christmas!

I've done all the wrapping I can (until tomorrow when I can go out and get more gift bags), my baby is finally asleep, Andrew met a friend for drinks, and The Grinch (the one with Jim Carey) is coming on in 9 minutes.... and I just poured a glass of Cab Sauv. It could only be better if I was sitting in front of a roaring fireplace.... but since I live in 881 SF of hell, that dream is going to have to stay on hold for a while.

I just watched the sneak peak for Teen Mom 2 (MTV had best not be giving up on Amber, Maci, Catelynn, and Farrah! I need them to feel better about myself!). Those girls make me so sad... how can you possibly be a parent at 16? You can't. It's just not possible. I've stopped thinking about the Teen Mom girls as real people, but when you get sucked into 16 and Pregnant and now Teen Mom 2, you remember they are teenage girls, not reality stars. I want to shake every last one of them. WHY ARE THEY HAVING SEX AT AGE 16??? And furthermore, if they (stupidly) decide to do it, why aren't they using protection? Seriously, if teenage girls knew exactly what those first 6ish weeks of a newborn's life entailed, they'd join a convent.

Actually, that's not a bad idea for my baby.

Maybe I should be recording all these 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom episodes and the second she hits high school she needs to watch every last one of them. 18 times each.

No comments: