Saturday, October 16, 2010

Through the years

Sometimes I am absolutely amazed at how quickly time flies by. I was playing with my niece today and I picked her up and realized there is not an ounce of baby fat left on her - she's not a todder anymore. I guess I already realized this - she's pushing 3 and 3 year olds are not toddlers - but it was like a reality slap across the face. She's a little kid. And my baby has taken her place as the toddler and my nephew has taken my baby's place as the baby. At least my nephew is still a baby. He can't even sit up by himself yet, never mind say "no" incessantly, throw his food, have temper tantrums... I think he's my favorite right now!

And in non baby related "oh my god, why does time go by so quickly" news, Andrew and I have been together for 10 years. We are not yet 30, and we've been together for 10 years. Wow.

really?

10 years??

I wish I could show you a picture of us back in the day, but unfortunately we didn't have digital cameras in college, and I lost most of my pictures from college in a flood. I only have a few left - and the ones I do have are in a frame.

You can rest assured, we looked like idiots though. 1999-2003 were awful years to be in college. The fashion was terrible. And I've never been really fashionable, so you can imagine what we looked like.

Maybe I'm not so sad that there are only a few remaining pictures left!

No comments: