Sunday, October 17, 2010

More than meets the eye

I want to be Optimus Prime for Halloween.

Anyway, we signed up (again) for Netflix, so we've been watching more movies lately. Like Transformers. And Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen. Our next movie is Shutter Island, which still kind of freaks me out. I already read the book, but the previews for the movie just looked creepy.

All this movie watching means we're falling behind on TV and I haven't touched my scrapbook stuff in weeks. I need to get more organized, I hate when I fall too far behind on my scrapbooks. I'm thinking I need to dedicate a specific night to my scrapping.

In non-related news, I read The Help this week. (SPOILERS AHEAD!) I requested it from the library back in June and I got it last week - remind me just to buy the next crazy popular book I want to read. I really liked the book, though I hate not knowing what ultimately happens to Aibileen. Never having lived in the South, and never lived at all in the 1960's, it's hard for me to believe that people actually are that racist. Oh, I know racism is alive and well in all 50 states, but not like it was in Mississippi in the early 60's. Building a bathroom off your garage so the person who is raising your children and cleaning your house doesn't have to use yours? What? Why? I know that it happened, I'm not naive. But it's not something that computes in my head. There's just no logic there. I'm interested to see how the movie is when it finally comes out.

And I think I hear some noise coming from a crib, I must go investigate...

No comments: