Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Old Skewl!

To Kindle or not to Kindle, that is the question. I am anti-Kindles. And Nooks. And every other eReader that is out there. Is it E-Reader? or ereader? or Ereader? I don't know.

Here is my problem with the Kindle (I'm just going to use Kindle to mean all the e-readers, mainly because Kindle did the best job with branding their name, and also I don't feel like looking up how to spell Ereader). I don't buy my books.

I couldn't - there is no way I could buy them, I would be flat broke. I have to get them from the library. I do own a lot of books (more than a lot... stacks and stacks and boxes and boxes). But if I bought every book I read, I would have no place to live and no money left to pay the bills. Or buy more books. I read a lot. On average, I go to the library every 2 weeks and get at least 2 books out each time I go.

So what am I supposed to do with a Kindle? I can't borrow books for the Kindle, can I? Is there some giant Kindle library out there? Because if there is, I am all about it. However, I am reasonably sure there isn't, which means I would have to buy all my books. The Kindle does solve the space issue that comes with buying all my books, it doesn't solve the cost factor. How can I afford to buy so many books?

BUT.... they're kind of cool. I kind of want one, but I don't want to buy my books.

So what am I supposed to do??

And we're back to the beginning: to Kindle or not to Kindle.

Also, have you donated yet?

No comments: