Thursday, June 24, 2010

hot hot hot!

Ahhh, heat and humidity. How I miss you during those long cold winter months. How I loathe and despise you when you are here. I'm learning that I'm actually much more of a spring and fall girl than a summer girl.

Heat never bothered me when I was younger. I suppose that's due in large part to the fact that I sailed all summer long and there was usually a breeze out on the water on those hazy humid days. And if there wasn't... well cooling off was as far away as jumping off the boat. But now that I'm an adult and don't even live in a town near the water (don't worry South Shore - I'm coming back as soon as this housing market turns around. I fully expect to be there by the time my baby is in high school), the heat and humidity is tough.

Yesterday my baby girl turned one. Can someone please explain to me where that year went? Where did my little 6 pound, 13 ounce baby go? She's now 22.9 pounds. And she was 19 inches long when she was born. She's 29 inches now!!! How is it humanly possible to grow 10 inches in a single year?

Random aside - I got a pedicure today and every single woman there had a DD iced coffee except me. I had planned on getting mine after I was finished. As soon as I walked in, I clearly knew how wrong that decision was, but it was too late. I don't think I've ever wanted a DD iced coffee as much as I did during my pedicure. They should deliver!

No comments: