well, I'm not sure I should even be commenting on the episode. It's been like pulling teeth to get me to watch the past 2 or 3 seasons. I just like the first few seasons better. I watched about 7 hours of LOST last week so I would be able to catch up and watch the finale. I couldn't even watch it all, I fell asleep and got up at 5am to finish it. I didn't like it. Andrew disagrees with me, he thought it was a good ending. Here are a few reasons why I wasn't thrilled:
1. All the unanswered questions. I know they told us that not all the questions would be answered. I was accepting of that. But the only question that was answered for me was who Jacob was. I have more questions now than I did yesterday at this time
- Why didn't the MIB turn into the smoke monster? Desmond didn't - is it because of his freakish resistance to electromagnetism?
- what was that light?
- seriously - MIB didn't have a name? like, ever?
- if Jacob fixed it that no one could leave the island, how come the Dharma people could come and go as they pleased?
- Why was the Dharma Initiative there in the first place?
- What is Ben's DEAL?
I have more, but I think I'm making my point.
2. Jack. Really? It was Jack? When Locke/MIB said to him "don't you think you're the obvious choice"? I wanted to throw something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jacob didn't ask him to do it, he volunteered. But Jack? Come on, for a show that has never been predictable that was ridic. RIDIC. Also, Jack was the only one who died? I don't know, that bothered me for some reason.
3. Christian Shephard guided them through the door to the other side? lame. LAME.
AND WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN????